Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Just 10 More Days...


...until Halloween!!!

You may have noticed that I haven't said much (or anything at all) about this year's Halloween display, but I'm doing a lot of work behind the scenes.  I've expanded things quite a bit and I'm very excited to share the updates, but I'm going to wait just a little longer.


In the meantime, check out the picture of "the gang" above.  My monstrous menagerie of home-made props just keeps getting bigger.  We're going to run out of room in our basement pretty soon!  This picture was taken for a photo contest for the awesome Fright Props catalog.  Sadly, our entry didn't win, but it was cool to get the whole collection into one image anyway...

While we're at it, here's a panoramic shot of what the basement looks like throughout the year (with a [debatably] cool filter).  Just click to enlarge and bask in the wonder.


We've had many guests ask us how we don't get creeped out when we're down there, but my wife asserts (and I agree) that it's actually spookier down there when the props are elsewhere.  And, yes, the back wall features a mural of dragon, which was actually already there before we moved in.  It's obviously too awesome to paint over and fits well enough with the stuff in our Halloween Headquarters 24/7/365 (as we like to call it).

Well...  I guess I better get back to putting the finishing touches on my remaining projects.

Stay tuned for the unveiling of this year's display!

No comments:

Post a Comment